The Friends of the IHP (FIHP) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization (TAX ID #95-4390665) created to promote and support the educational activities and programs of the diverse group of Individualized Honors Program (IHP) students at Walter Reed Middle School.
FIHP works to provide financial support for the educators and their vision of accelerated learning environments and materials needed for empowering students to reach their full potential through academic rigor and inquiry-based instruction.
- To provide financial and volunteer support for accelerated classroom materials including technology based learning for IHP classrooms at Walter Reed Middle School.
- To help provide the IHP program with the additional materials needed to assist the students in developing skills to become independent and self-sufficient learners who will succeed and contribute responsibly in a global community.
- To advocate on behalf of high achieving, gifted and highly gifted students.
- To organize and encourage parent participation in the support of the IHP programs.
- To support social activities and collaborative learning amongst IHP students and the local community.